Kamban Hits $220+ MRR in Just 4 Months with Elephas
Table of Contents
- Tell us about your product and what inspired you to start it?
- How long did it take you to acquire your first 50 customers, and what was your growth strategy?
- Which technology stack are you using and what challenges and limitations does it pose?
- What are some of the most essential tools that you use for your business?
- What have been some of the biggest insights you've gained since starting your entrepreneurial journey?
- Your recommended books/podcasts/newsletters etc.:
I started using GPT-3 in 2021. I was thrilled by its potential and built a few GPT-3 related tools. Even though I saw huge potential, I realized that most people are unaware of it. I decided to build a tool to help busy professionals take advantage of GPT-3 for mundane tasks.
It took two months to reach 50 customers.
My HackerNews post got good traction and got many of my initial customers. Twitter also helped me spread the word.
Building in public was also one of the key things that helped me.
I use Swift to build the Mac app. I learned and built the tool. But coming from a technical background made the process easier.
At the same time, I faced challenges on the Apple notarization part. I had to wait for Apple to make some changes before I could publish the next updates.
Canva, Plausible Analytics, SuperBlog.ai, TweetHunter
What have been some of the biggest insights you've gained since starting your entrepreneurial journey?
That building is only a small portion. Distribution is the key to success.
I built 10+ products without understanding this. I assumed the product would attract customers by itself.
Almanack of Naval Ravikanth, Embedded Entrepreneur by Arvid Khal